West Coast Market Report
- Sockeye Salmon: Copper River Season set to open Mid-May. Other areas should follow soon after.
- Coho Salmon: Season set to open Mid-June. Frozen available now.
- Troll King Salmon: Some limited amounts expected April from Oregon & Canada. California expecting to open in May.
- Copper River Salmon: Set to open Mid-May.
- Gill-net King Salmon: Set to open Mid-July.
- Silverbrite/Keta: Set to open Mid-June.
- Canadian farmed Atlantics prices up due to low inventory/production & high demand.
- Chilean Atlantic prices are up due to limited number of farms producing.
- Norwegian Farmed Salmon and also Farmed Norwegian Steehead-Trout is available. Prices staying up due to high and increasing demand.
- Season is open Coast Wide but catch is slowing as season approaching close. Expecting prices to increase as fewer fish being landed.
Pacific Pink Shrimp Meat
- West Coast Season set to open April.
- Rockfish, True Cod and Soles all showing good availability; subject to weather. Alaskan True Cod still coming in steady.
- Swordfish landings good but prices are up.
- Tuna landings steady with fish from various regions.
- Mahi being offered but prices higher. Season this year has been very poor. Mexico fishing but catch has been keeping prices high.
- Pacific Shell Oyster supply is good.
- Alaskan & Canadian halibut seasons set to open March 11th.
- Halibut from Southern California /Mexico (Baja) open but limited. Expect this fishery to slow once Alaska & Canadian season opens.